Reports prepared on behalf of the New Jersey Climate Adaptation Alliance include:
Read the October 2016 reports related to the New Jersey Climate Adaptation Alliance Science and Technical Advisory Panel on Sea-Level Rise and Coastal Storms: Assessing New Jersey’s Exposure to Sea-Level Rise and Coastal Storms: Report of the New Jersey Climate Adaptation Alliance Science and Technical Advisory Panel; Assessing New Jersey’s Exposure to Sea-Level Rise and Coastal Storms: A Companion Report to the New Jersey Climate Adaptation Alliance Science and Technical Advisory Panel Report; Integrating Science into Coastal Resilience Planning and Decision Making available here.
Read the June 2014 Alliance report pdf Resilience. Preparing New Jersey For Climate Change: Policy Considerations from the New Jersey Climate Adaptation Alliance. The report is the culmination of almost two year's of effort including research on climate change impacts in New Jersey, leading practices as well as extensive stakeholder engagement.
A series of "Working Briefs" in six sectors are available that are designed to provide information about anticipated impacts and risks from climate change in each of these six sectors, potential economic impacts, and leading preparedness practices. These working briefs as well as information about climate trends and projections and understanding climate impacts for New Jersey are available here.
The New Jersey Climate Adaptation Alliance released its policy gap analysis in December 2013:
New Jersey Climate Adaptation Alliance (NJCAA). 2013. Resilience. Preparing New Jersey for Climate Change. A Gap Analysis from the New Jersey Climate Adaptation Alliance. Edited by Matt Campo, Marjorie Kaplan, Jeanne Herb. New Brunswick, New Jersey: Rutgers University.
The New Jersey Climate Adaptation Alliance has undertaken extensive stakeholder engagement to contribute to the development of climate preparedness and adaptation policy recommendations for New Jersey. This effort included a survey of New Jersey residents to estimate public support for seven building and zoning policies that protect coastal communities from storm and flooding risks. An article summarizing the study can be found pdf here (126 KB) and articles about the study results can be found at WHYY and the Huffington Post. In addition to the statewide survey, the Alliance undertook a series of online surveys with targeted audiences. The surveys are summarized pdf here.
The Alliance has worked with various partners to engage stakeholders and practitioners throughout New Jersey through meetings and workshops to better understand gaps in public policy. In this role, staff at Rutgers facilitated the stakeholder engagement process that resulted in these recommendations and, as such, these recommendations do not represent the position of the University. Summaries of these efforts, organized by topic areas can be found in the following compendium of reports listed below:
- pdf Agriculture
- pdf Coastal Communities
- pdf Environmental Justice
- pdf Emergency Management
- pdf Environmental Organizations
- pdf Natural Resources
- pdf Public Health
- pdf Transportation
- pdf Social Services
- pdf Utilities
- pdf Water Resources
- pdf Populations Vulnerable to Climate Change in New Jersey: Update of a Statistical Analysis (1.65 MB)
- pdf Coastal Flood Risk and Climate Change Implications for New Jersey’s Senior Citizens (289 KB)
- pdf CLIMATE CHANGE AND LOCAL PLANNING WHITE PAPER Implications for Local Planning Practice of Policy Recommendations of the New Jersey Climate Adaptation Alliance (1.61 MB)
- pdf Vulnerable Populations to Climate Change in New Jersey (6.93 MB)pdf
- pdf The Role of Buildings in Climate Adaptation
- pdf Insights into Media Coverage of Climate Change Severe Weather Events in New Jersey
- pdf Climate Change Preparedness and Resiliency: Funding and Financing Strategies for New Jersey
- pdf 20 Good Ideas for Promoting Climate Resilience: Opportunities for States and Local Government (Report prepared by the Georgetown Climate Center at the request of the New Jersey Climate Adaptation Alliance)pdf
- pdf Preparing For A Changing Climate in New Jersey: Actions For Individuals, Communities and Business Today
- pdf An Analysis of NJ Climate Adaptation Alliance Coastal Recommendations Relative to Recent Programs and Legislation for Climate Adaptation in Delaware, Maryland and New York
- pdf Climate Change Adaptation in the Water Supply Sector (415 KB)
- pdf Background and Basis - Climate Change Adaptation in the Water Supply Sector (1.66 MB)